It’s that time of year when the weather starts playing games with us – one moment it’s 70 degrees and breezy, and the next it’s 32 and snowing. It’s also the season when everyone gets some version of the sniffles. At least once.
Times like these call for comfort foods, and cinnamon muffins are sure to do the trick. Just steep some Darjeeling tea, grab a good book (and maybe some tissues), and you’re all set!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
Cinnamon, sugar, and sugar in the raw to top
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line 1 muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Sift together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, and egg. Slowly incorporate into flour mixture, just until moistened.
4. Scoop into muffin liners, and sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!